POSITION TITLE: Clean Energy Intern (Paid)
GROUP: Clean Energy, Environment, Water
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
REPORTS TO: Clean Energy Lead
STATUS: Part or full-time, non-exempt
The CEEW internship is a minimum 6-month, part to full-time paid internship. The internship requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who can contribute to tasks related to program development/new business. Winrock’s Clean Energy Unit seeks to develop and promote innovative business models to provide clean energy access to the 1.2 billion people around the world without electricity and 2.8 billion without clean cooking facilities. Current practice areas include powering agriculture, household energy, and energy access. The CEEW Intern will assist with project implementation and technical services. For the Clean Energy team, the Intern will assist with implementation of projects in Nepal and Africa, including monitoring project activities daily, assisting with financial and technical reports, contracting consultants, arranging logistics for field visits, and analyzing field data. The Intern will also support Clean Energy proposals for new work, including capture planning, research, recruiting, and editing proposal materials.
Support project implementation. Specific tasks include:
- Provide daily technical, operational, compliance, administrative and financial support to select projects as directed by the team.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans, quarterly and annual reports to donors
- Conduct project-related research and assist with project briefs and success stories as needed.
- Draft contracts/subcontracts for consultants and all follow-up with payments, including expense reimbursements and deliverable submission.
Support new business. Specific tasks include:
- Assist the Proposal Lead to set deadlines, coordinate and revise partner inputs, and supervise proposal production & delivery.
- Work with Proposal Lead to develop and finalize proposal budgets.
- Write and compile capabilities, staffing elements, and other supporting proposal components.
- Conduct proposal-related research.
Qualifications and Background:
Candidates should be a graduate student in a field relevant to international development. Candidates with an obvious focus on energy issues are preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Demonstrated skills in project planning and budgeting; demonstrated communication skills (written and oral); proficient in key software (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint); self-starter; analytical abilities; highly organized and able to prioritize tasks; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; demonstrated professional experience in the area of clean energy is required; foreign language skills preferred; field experience desirable; must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
Applicants must not require employer sponsorship.