We are looking for a QA Release Test Manager. As Release Test Manager, you will act as a servant leader to shape efficient QA processes in collaboration with the QA Managers and other QA engineers across all Release Trains.
You will own the delivery of all testing that relates to a release of the Core Banking Platform. This testing will encompass the full end-to-end lifecycle, so you will be responsible for the Quality and Testing of all deliverables through the lifecycle.
You will provide mentoring and coaching, drive continuous improvements and maintain a culture of purpose-driven work and empowered employees. Your focus will be enhancing value creation flow from road map to customers and establishing robust testing frameworks best suitable for the teams. In addition, as Release Test Manager you will be a key member of the QA Leadership Team and will be responsible for the end to end definition, management and improvement of all QA activities on the programme.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Testing & QA, working with our Core Banking Programme.
The Core Banking Programme (CBP) is a central part of simplification in Nordea. CBP is driving the largest Nordic core banking transformation.
The deliveries from CBP will result in one common core platform – named N-core. CBP works agile, performs simplification in Nordea Products and migrates the product portfolio into a T24 system.
We are in the Nordics, Poland and India. This position will reside in Copenhagen, Denmark or Gdynia, Poland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Elaborate QA Strategy and Plan for the Release and drive implementation of that strategy as part of the release
- Leading all QA efforts across the full Release lifecycle, from Continuous Exploration process to Go-Live
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the teams, collect and share information across the Release Trains & Programme teams
- Provide support and advice for QA profession, do mentoring and coaching in order to help engineers develop professionally
- Support and drive effective utilization of test automation frameworks
- Support and ensure that required test data and environments are available for testing at all phases of the lifecycle
- Lead and mentor the QA Manager community in the delivery of testing and quality assurance across the teams
- Provide clear visibility to quality of deliverables and proactively engage with all stakeholders on the status of the quality of the release
- Work actively with business to secure superb customer experience
- Establish systematic co-operation practices with surrounding systems and ensure that testing alignment is built into the planning for each release
- Drive continuous improvements: encourage and lead the changes, strive for technical excellence
Welcome to an International team with passion for quality, test and innovation.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- 10+ years of experience in the field of QA engineering
- 5+ years of managerial experience from large scale teams (>50 people, mix of onshore/offshore people)
- Experience with implementing QA / Test Management in large scale programs
- Experience with banking domain and with Core Banking Solutions
- Understanding of banking architecture (Batch runs, multiple integration technologies, SOA patterns etc.)
- In depth understanding of integrating QA efforts as part of CI/CD processes
- Ability to organize test automation frameworks
- Expert knowledge of SAFE and experience with QA in Agile (Agile Testing)
- Familiarity with BDD/TDD concepts and ability to practically implement them
- Professional communication skills, able to facilitate changes, competent in setting priorities and making people focus on them
- Expert manager of people, strong relationship building skills and recognized as a leader of people
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
In the Digital Hub at nordea.com, you can read more about us and how we are changing.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 2019-05-26.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.