Lantmännen Unibake is the second largest bakery group in Europe with 37 bakeries in 18 countries across Europe and markets its frozen and fresh bakery products for retail and food service markets in more than 60 markets around the world. The company is part of Lantmännen, an agricultural cooperative and Northern Europe’s leader in agriculture, machinery, bioenergy and food products, which is owned by 25,000 Swedish farmers, has 10,000 employees, operations in over 20 countries and an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Euro.
This strong ownership structure makes it possible for daughter company Lantmännen Unibake to take long term decisions rooted in a constant care for the earth and deep respect for natural resources and raw materials, whilst also providing the solid platform for the growth process that the company has been going through over the last years, both through organic growth and M&A. Realizing a modest € 45 million in 1984, by 1995 the company had tripled in size and doubled again by 2005, only to triple again in size to reach the € 1 billion mark in 2015. The aim for the next few years is to continue on this path of profitable growth through autonomous growth and acquisitions whilst maintaining a solid financial position and to realize a turnover of € 2 billion by 2020.
The company believes in structured entrepreurship, which translates in high autonomy of the country clusters. BeNeFrItEs (Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy and Spain) is one of 6 country clusters, having its head quarters in Londerzeel, Belgium. The BeNeFrItEs cluster has a turnover of around € 150 million, the bulk of which is generated in Belgium (€ 50 mio), Netherlands (€ 30 mio) and intercompany Sales (€ 45 mio), with Spain, France, Italy and Portugal sharing the remainder. There are 3 production sites in the region, all of them situated in Belgium, including a state-of-the-art facility in Londerzeel, which has just gone operational following an investment of € 100 million.
Your job / role as Regio Manager
You develop and maintain partnerships with existing and potential customers in the Rotterdam area (The Netherlands) with a view on achieving the short and long term sales targets by executing proactive sales activities.
In addition to regular sales of the existing product portfolio the Regio Manager also aims to identify and develop partnerships with regional (franchise) chains and to optimize his/her customers operationally in respect to bake off. This is characterized by an extremely ‘service’ driven approach.
Customers are mainly situated in the foodservice wholesaler landscape (out of home) eg. sandwich bars, bistro’s, restaurants, hotels and end-customers.
- Achieving respective sales budgets in assigned area(s);
- Yearly closing of wholesalers condition & bonus calculations;
- Accurate reporting in regards to customers (incl. planning and visits) through Data Outlet;
- Development of tailormade sales support activities and promotional campaigns, taking national actions and product launches into account;
- Develops and monitor ‘account plans’ for wholesalers of the A-B segment;
- Is responsible for monitoring, reporting and claims regarding his/her ‘account plans’;
- Follow-up ‘accounts receivable’ status: continuously pro-active questioning customer solvability;
- Develop local action plans, based on data outlet input (distribution measurement) in relation to the specific product opportunities for end customers;
- Maintaining relationships and act as a professional partner for the entire regional wholesaler network based on the ABC segmentation and our / their end-customers;
- Attendance relevant fairs;
- Preparing, implementing and managing an effective end customer visit planning, based on the ABC segmentation (incl. optimal routing);
- Occasional taking end-customer orders and actively selling of promotional products;
- Act as the ambassador for wholesaler, end-customers and Customer Service in regards to the coordination and communication of potential complaints, being able to turn potential complaints around in sales opportunities;
- Build a long-term relationship with end customers, based on our thorough service approach;
- Optimization product range;
- Stimulate customers to use MYP and training facilities;
- Develop sales through local marketing;
- Performs sales calls based on product- and market knowledge;
- Convinces rather through knowledge, insight and original approach than on price and emotion;
- Delivers technical Bake off support to end customers where applicable;
- Proactively collect and report all kinds of market information: e.g. customer relationships wholesaler / end customer, competition, interest groups, sectors related, etc.
Experience & knowledge:
- You have a Bachelor degree;
- 2+ years’ sales experience within the out-of-home market;
- Excellent knowledge of the market (customers, competitors, …) and trends;
- Knowledge of sales support tools, processes and policies
- Well-developed presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of how to set up and execute activities for
- hunting in order to enlarge the number of accounts,
- account management, planning and account development;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch; solid knowledge of English and French is plus;
Key capabilities and Personality:
- Entrepreneurial go-getter, driven by customer satisfaction and achieving sales targets;
- Focus on customers, solutions and results;
- Initiative: successfully identifies and develops plans to avoid problems or to capitalize on opportunities with a long-term perspective;
- Relationship building: develops and maintains a planned network of relationships with clients, colleagues in their department and other parts of the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders;
- Team player who can work autonomously (self-driven);
- You are able to build up long-term relationships with customers and prospects.