Apply for job!
The Program Department within Business Unit Missile Systems heavily depends on the Quality Manager in order to ensure that we fulfil our contractual oblications towards the customer. The role is also a driver in our work with operational development of the entire organization.
The Quality Manager has the overall responsibility to ensure contractual delivery fulfillment towards our customers and is the focal point in all quality aspects. The goal is to ensure quality in every step of program/project execution in order to deliver products and services with the right quality in the right time.
Main tasks are:
- Planning, execution and monitoring of relevant quality efforts within the customer contracts in order to enable future deliveries
- Participation in contract reviews and design reviews
- Identification and definition of preventive and corrective actions
- Approve, or if necessary reject, deliveries to customer
- Initiate and drive operational excellence together with; Program Managers, Product Managers and Operations (i.e. Design, Procurement, Production)
The Quality Manager is part of a Program/Project team which is adjusted according to contractual magnitude and/or complexity. A close relation to the Program Manager within the Business Unit is always applicable and work content may vary depending on program phase and/or other requirements on the team where work share might be required in order to get the job done.
We think that you have a well developed drive and integrity in order to fulfil the role as Quality Manager since some quality actions may be challenging. To drive quality initiatives also require you to take initiative and define required actions towards our desired position.
Quality is something that applies to all and the Qualilty Manager is a natural leader of such work, hence it is essential that you have developed a managerial register that can support execution of defined activities together with the applicable personell.
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or other relevant College education
- Minimum five years of relevant industry experience associated with quality
- Mananagerial experience and ability to connect to people internally but also with customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Driving licence, ability and will to travel both domestic and international travels
- Intrest in operational excellence and developing organizations
- Swedish citizenship since the role include national defence secrecy
- Experience from defence industry in corresponding or similar role
- Experience with development environment and processes
- International experience
- A well developed business perspective
- Experience in translating requirements to activities
- Audit experience and/or experience from improvement work
What you will be a part of
You will work with experienced professionals in an environment that depends on the necessity of strategic improvement due to expansive times with challenging conditions. Since we are in the process of developing our quality work within the Bussiness Unit you have good possibilities to shape your work future and career development. You will be part of the Program department within Business Unit Missiles Systems which feature; Quality Managers, Program Managers and Product Managers located both in Linköping and Karlskoga. Business Unit Missile Systems is one of five Business Units within the Business Area Dynamcis.
You can send your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.