Founded in a Copenhagen bar in 2004, Planday is one of the fastest growing VC-backed technology companies in Europe and we don’t intend to stop growing. Our roots are Danish, but our mindset is global: our team spans 30 nationalities across 7 offices – Copenhagen, London, Oslo, Hamburg, New York, Hanoi and Los Angeles.
We’ve recently completed a series C funding round and are proud to be backed by some of the biggest VCs in Europe, including Creandum, IdInvest and SEB Equity – the investors behind Spotify and iZettle.
Our mission is to improve the lives of 1 billion shift workers across the globe. Our workforce management platform empowers both managers and employees to collaborate better by increasing transparency and encouraging better communication. We believe that by reducing administrative barriers, we help businesses save time and money on their scheduling, while increasing employee engagement and satisfaction. This approach has led us to become the leading workforce scheduling platform used by SME and Enterprise businesses globally.
At Planday, we know that happy people power great businesses. We provide a career-defining workplace based on the values: transparency, communication and flexibility. We live and breathe for our customers’ success, while retaining a Scandinavian approach to work-life balance.
We celebrate each other’s achievements and differences and encourage each other to learn and grow.
If you recognise these values in yourself, we’d love you to join us on our journey.
Do you understand the media landscape and what it takes to tell a good story? Are you passionate about communication and eager to demonstrate your skills in a busy, dynamic and high-growth environment? If yes, we might just have the role for you!
We’re looking for a PR and Communications Manager for our Brand and Creative Team, who wants to help us build and expand the way our brand is perceived around the world.
You will be part of the Marketing team, based in London and Copenhagen, but your role will have an international focus and you’ll work with a variety of different functions and markets. You are the perfect candidate, if you have impeccable native English skills, you understand how to position a company as a thought leader and you are able to drive brand awareness through compelling upper funnel long-form content. Additionally, you know how to embody the voice of the brand and take it to the next level.
Define and execute our PR communications strategy globally, focusing on the UK, the Nordics and the rest of Europe
Continuously create content for press releases, thought leadership white papers and execute their sell-in to Tier 1 publication in collaboration with global agency partners
Answer media enquiries, work with company spokespeople on media messaging, prepare media kits
Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media, journalists, influencers, government bodies, charities, bloggers and partners to create new editorial opportunities for brand awareness
Create engaging copy and content for PR, branding and social media initiatives
Monitor, analyze and communicate PR performance and results
Evaluate and manage opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis
Act as a central owner of the brand Tone and Voice guidelines and be the ambassador for the rest of the company, while managing the content calendar, the Planday press page and brand.planday.com
Manage the public relations budget and demonstrate ROI while hitting awareness KPIs
Develop an internal communications strategy in collaboration with the rest of Marketing team and People and Culture stakeholders
Partner with People and Culture team on employer branding and CSR initiatives
Maintain a calendar or relevant brand awareness events, award opportunities and manage Planday’s entry to them
- At least 5+ years experience running global PR campaigns and communication projects
- Native English (or bilingual) speaker with a relevant degree in English, Marketing, PR or Linguistics
- Prior experience in a PR agency or an in-house PR team preferred, experience with both digital and traditional PR required, strong established relationships with journalists and influencers desirable
- Track record of placing stories in Tier 1 publication and demonstrable impact in brand awareness development in new markets
- Expertise in directly managing agency partners, freelancers and partners
- Exceptionally sharp writing and editing skills
- Highly organized and motivated
- Great understanding of the media landscape and an eye for a good story
- Strong strategic, analytical and technical skills and the ability to work with platforms such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, PR Newswire
- Keen interest in SaaS, HR and the tech scene with the ability to converse about topics such as employee scheduling, future of work, gig economy, hospitality and global HR trends
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop relationships quickly and effectively across all levels
- Keen understanding of branding and brand development. Experience with establishing corporate messaging and brand tone of voice.
- PLEASE SUBMIT A PDF PORTFOLIO OF 2-3 WRITTEN PIECES AS A PART OF YOUR APPLICATION, OR SEND A LINK TO AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO.
Awesome colleagues and a social working environment
International and open working atmosphere
Great location in central London or Copenhagen
Lots of team and community events
Lunch, drinks and healthy snacks every day
Flexible working hours
Work smarter to grow our business on all levels
We do what we say and say what we do
Go beyond what’s expected to achieve success
The best results are achieved together
Encourage people to make impactful decisions
I have read, understood, and accept the content of the Applicant Data Notice and consent to the processing of my data as part of this application.
The Data Notice can be read here: