Do you have a technical background combined with project management experience? Would you like to become a key member in the Service Engineering function delivering the next generation of service solutions to the Wind Turbines aftersales market?
If you are motivated by leading projects cross functional and organisational teams in Denmark and abroad, then we have an ideal opportunity for you!
Service Operations > Service Solutions > Service Engineering
As part of the Vestas Service organisation, the Service Engineering department is responsible for delivering service solutions on all brands enabling the service business within Vestas to fulfill its ambitious, strategic targets. The service solutions vary from parts & repair over maintenance concepts to product improvements like component life extensions, optimisations of performance and cost-out initiatives. The department holds the design responsibility for service/aftersales solutions on the products no longer being manufactured.
We are responsible for delivering innovative solutions to ensure highest possible value to Vestas customers in the service business.
You will be part of a project management organisation with team members located at different geographical locations. We are expanding with highly qualified colleagues to meet the demand of a growing and challenging business.
You will be heading one or more projects at a time depending on the size and complexity. You will in close cooperation with the technical lead manage your projects end to end, so you will be a team who represents the project from the requirement specification is initiated and until the handover has been accepted by the internal costumer.
The maturity of the projects will be CIM (Continuous Improvement Management) projects. Main areas of responsibility:
- You lead your project team and make sure you have the right progress and perform within the agreed time quality and cost
- You ensure to prioritize the tasks in your projects so that people always work on the right and value adding tasks
- You manage sub-contractors, and suppliers to ensure they perform as agreed.
- You make resource estimates and ensure resources are allocated to your projects from the line organisation
- You prepare and conduct Steering committee- and project status meetings
- You ensure necessary progress in your projects and highlight deviations and issues.
- You ensure that our processes are followed and you contribute to a continuous improvement of our processes as well.
To succeed with above responsibilities, we expect that you at least hold a Bachelor’s degree as Electrical/ Mechanical engineer, Marine engineer or similar.
In addition, you have/are:
- +3 years of experience with technical project management, leading technical complex projects (with IPMA, PRINCE2 or similar certification)
- Used to managing and handling sub-contractors and sub suppliers
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and across cultures
- Proficient in English since this is our corporate language
- A good fundamental understanding of machines and components.
- Technical insights in the turbine business is preferred but not a must as well as experience from larger organisations will be an advantage
We envision that you possess the following personal competencies:
- Outgoing personality and working with ease across different cultures
- Flexible, thrive with changes, yet process-oriented and structured in your work
- Result-driven as well as service- and solution-minded.
- Analytical approach and an ability to drill down and communicate complex issues in easy understandable terms and actions
- The ability and drive to take the leadership role
- A customer-oriented approach understanding the complete business value chain
- You should believe in and comply to our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring project-oriented environment. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment and the will to execute. You will use your skills to help Vestas solve one of the most important global challenges of our time – ensuring a more sustainable future.
Primary work location: Aarhus N, Denmark. For the right candidate, it could as well be in Ringkøbing (Denmark) or Hamburg (Germany) as you will have colleagues at different geographical locations.
Travel must be expected and requires approx. 20 days per year.
For additional information please contact Director of Service Engineering Benjamin Vagner Elmer Nielsen on phone +45 5221 1300.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.