The production plant in Köping is the transmission center within the Volvo Group Truck Operations, Powertrain Production. Our site is the “Center of Excellence” within the area of transmission solutions and today we are 1650 employees. We are now looking for our future department manager within Engineering Machining High Volume: Sync & Housing. We are after an outstanding leader, who is eager to develop and that really wants to win the world championships together with our team.
Background, responsibilities and qualifications
As a department manager within Engineering Machining High Volume: Sync & Housing, you will report directly to our Area Manager of Engineering Machining. This role is a leadership position with approximately 15 direct reporting Production Engineers. The department has a strong operational focus as well as a strategic development mindset. We target you that have the inner drive to take on such a job with, knowledge, enthusiasm and engagement. We are seeking for a true star to grow.
- Deliver required to operate from an engineering perspective towards production machining
- Local process owner
- Local technology owner
- Local component owner
- Delivery in projects
Within Industrial Engineering and Pilot Plant Köping team spirit and collaboration is essential for success. We believe strongly that team play comes with the journey of working proactively with our long-term determination in industrializing future technologies whilst standing shoulder to shoulder in facing our daily operations pulse. Within our journey, we enjoy having great fun together and we build a culture for customer success, trust, passion, change and performance.
Within this role, you take the:
- Responsibility and accountability for your whole organization’s performance
- Responsibility for leading the organization towards continuous improvements over time
- Responsibility in engaging strongly for people development and making others reach their goals
- Responsibility in contributing fully to the cross-functional work that you participate in
Who are you?
As a suitable candidate, you should be inspired and motivated of what is described above. You will be the front-runner for your department and it is important that you can find alignment with top-level objectives. As a person, you need clear customer focus and business understanding. An ability of strategic thinking, as well as, a strong sense of urgency and high responsiveness is essential. Other qualities that we value are a structured way of working and a quality mindset, good communication and presentation skills, an analytical capacity and faced based approach.
Following qualifications are at your favor:
- A Machining Engineering background, preferably with a relevant M.Sc. degree
- Experience from suitable leadership positions
- Knowledge of production processes for creating proactivity, stability and increasing efficiency
- Industrialization of new industrial equipment for secure life cycle management
- Ways of working for securing technical installed industrial capacity
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English, spoken and written
Does this sound interesting?
For more information please contact recruiting unit manager Per Hård af Segerstad, Director of Industrial Engineering +46 16 5418688 or Emelie Skälhammar, HR Business Partner +46221 414505. Selection of candidates will occur during the recruitment time, so do not wait with your application. We hope you feel strongly motivated for this job, we look forward to receive your application as soon as possible but no later than 19:th of May. Welcome aboard!