Flex is the Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world ™. With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help the world, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. Flex – Live smarter™.
Ignite Your Passion:
The Director Design Business Development will be based at any one of our locations in Northern Europe . You will provide leadership in the planning, design and implementation of customers’ specific business plans and communicate vision, penetration strategies and tactics to executive managers in order to develop and drive external and internal senior level relationships. As integral part of the Flex Design Organization and Flex Integrated Solutions (FIS) team you will be responsible for analyzing and understanding customers’ business strategies, future product plans, expansion activities and align Flex resources where mutually beneficial in order to cultivate and capture new business utilizing Flex S2S offerings .
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Define business priorities through a broad and far vision of market and technology needs, to include initiating and managing business development activities that will strengthen, expand and drive market penetration
- Responsible for developing new strategic alliances with key customers
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Support and/or participate in management team negotiations on difficult and or critical business matters, through interaction with senior and executive level managers both internally and externally
- Initiate projects to improve and/or extend the value proposition to existing customers, linking them more firmly to Flex
- Generate / Qualify new business leads and customers as well as increase revenues by expanding upon goods and services produced and provided for existing customers
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/ prospective customer contacts towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities
- Develop business proposals based on Flex S2S offering.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences or business; MBA is preferred
- A proven track record of progressively advancing account management and/or business development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management)
- Ability to work with internal teams and executive management as well as external customers to maximize mutual benefit
- Personal capability of building up long-term strategic C-level relationships
- Intercultural competence dealing with stakeholders in different countries
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Ideally you have previous experience in an interdisciplinary role such as sales engineering or performed in a similar cross-functional role
- Understanding customer needs and successfully managing difficult business and market situations, conflicts and disputes, in a constructive and positive manner
- Establishing and managing customer relationship on a global basis, across all organizational levels and functions, based on trust and respect; build internal sponsors
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our recruitment privacy notice .
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org